Editor information form
C2C editors accept content from subject matter experts (SMEs), read critically to assess completeness and responsiveness to the requirements, and then edit for flow and readability, adherence to a style guide, spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, and single voice. Phone calls with SMEs may be needed to seek clarification and gather information.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience editing complex sales proposals or contracts
- Some industry exposure (construction preferred)
- Full use of a secure computer and fast internet service
- Discipline and appetite to work virtually
- Ability to stay cool under deadline pressure
- Willingness to accept daily supervision and feedback
Typical project responsibilities:
- Fully understanding the proposal strategy, deliverables and schedule
- Editing consistently, accurately and on deadline
- Aligning content with the MS Word template (use only defined styles)
- Managing documents—using Dropbox folders, following revision convention, etc.
- Alerting project manager immediately of any issue that may delay delivery
What happens next?
We’ll contact you within one week of receiving your form to discuss next steps. Because we maintain such close client relationships, a good fit is equally important as ability. Assessing fit will be part of the next step.
Clear and persuasive
We edit to make proposals clear, persuasive and internally consistent.
This 2016 blog post on copyediting proposals identifies common flaws our editors see.
For more about our thinking, please check out our index of past blog posts.